Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What Mimi Saw: Gossip Girl


My excuse: I was bored. I don't usually watch TV, but I was home alone with nothing crafty to work on and my head hurt. I didn't want to think. But watching Gossip Girl actually gave me a lot to think about -- like...

  • Why are these 19-year-olds always talking about "going out for a drink" when they aren't legally old enough to get into a bar?

  • How is Serena qualified to work for a congressman without even having an internship or a college degree?

  • How in the world did Trip even get voted in as a congressman? He's like 20-years-old.

  • If Lily seriously did hang out by herself in her massive apartment throughout the better part of Thanksgiving drinking glass after glass of wine, how come she never got drunk?

  • Why is Taylor Momsen so skinny?

  • Why can't Chuck open his eyes?

  • What's wrong with Serena's mouth? It looks like she's constantly sucking on a Jolly Rancher or something.

  • Why is it that out of all of these kids only Vanessa goes to college?

  • How did Chase get that motorcycle into his apartment?

    It's amazing that just one episode created so many thought provoking questions! This is what American television is all about.
  • No comments: