Wednesday, August 26, 2009

New Book: Little Bee

I have never read anything by Chris Cleave (nor have I heard of him) but my friend Lisa gave me this new book to read and since I just happened to finish Travels With Charley and have yet to pick up The Good Earth, Little Bee has snuck its way into my reading list. Lucky book!

I know nothing about it except what I have read on Amazon.com -- that being that it was an Amazon Best of the Month for February, 2009.
All you should know going in to Little Bee is that what happens on the beach is brutal, and that it braids the fates of a 16-year-old Nigerian orphan (who calls herself Little Bee) and a well-off British couple--journalists trying to repair their strained marriage with a free holiday--who should have stayed behind their resort's walls. - Amazon.com review
Lisa is a sucker for books about journalists and since I am a journalist our reading tastes overlap here and there. I can't wait to sink my teeth into this one!

No comments: