Thursday, August 20, 2009

What Mimi Saw: Julie and Julia

I took my mother to see Julie & Julia last night. It was the best $12 I've spent in a while. First -- it was $12 for both of us! If I was still living in NYC and wanted to take mum to this movie it would have cost us $12 A PIECE! Second -- I love Amy Adams and Meryl Streep.

Meryl became Julia Child. Her mannerisms, her speech, her everything. It was uncanny to say the least. I knew next to nothing about Julia Child but learned so much in this movie. It made me want to live in Paris and learn how to cook. I neither speak French nor love to cook so this movie really had an impact on me!

Click here to watch the trailer. I couldn't find one on YouTube without an annoying commercial at the beginning. If you are looking for a good way to beat the heat for a couple of hours GO see this movie. You wont be sorry!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I agree completely with your review! It was wonderful. Although I had a hard time being convinced with Stanley Tucci playing a straight married man:)