Tuesday, August 4, 2009

BLAH LAZY

In case you haven't noticed, I haven't been reading much lately. I'm TOO busy! Summer is always like this in Maine...especially now that the weather is sort of cooperating for once.

I've had a really stressful few weeks at work that have really gotten me down. I've had problems with coworkers and trouble trying to make everyone happy. Some have insinuated that I don't work very hard. The nerve! In a small company everyone pitches in. Bad attitudes and nasty remarks don't help. It's a stressful job with tight deadlines...an industry I'm used to working in. I don't get stressed out to the point that I have to make my coworkers feel bad to make myself feel better.

With that said I'm trying to deal with several people with very different sensitivities. I'm editing one monthly magazine while trying to get our yearly wedding magazine off the ground at the same time. I'm also trying to increase our web presence by blogging, twittering, and facebooking while taking photos and coming up with story and blog ideas. Oh, yeah, and I also have a life. And a dog to care for. And a lawn that needs constant mowing.

Now is the calm before the next storm. I'm enjoying it and trying hard to get ahead for next month...and the month after. Being organized has always been a knack of mine. So instead of reading I've been jogging, making a quilt for my niece, camping, celebrating the achievements of my friends, and trying to get a good nights sleep.

1 comment:

j said...

you ARE a hard worker! poo poo on anyone who suggests otherwise. i can personally attest to your organizational skillz. and you're right, everyone DOES need to pitch in- whether they think it's beneath them or not.