Friday, December 5, 2008

Crazy Ads

My friend Kathryn gave me a subscription to BUST magazine for my birthday. So far I have gotten two issues. I read them cover to cover, which includes the ads in the back. Some of them are pretty weird.....


Would you actually use a lip balm made by this girl/guy Wong? I wouldn't. On the About section of the blog it says:
"Lips by Wong...is the most crazy, most radical, most radical thing to happen in the history of lip balm ever!!! It's a playful, sexy thing for fanciful individuals."
Sexy? It's lip balm. There is only one set of lips you should use lip balm for....


The curly stench coming out from under this woman's arm is alarming. I wouldn't even call her a hippie. She's far too good looking and her hair flows in a mermaid-esque way, not in a rats nest way. This woman is NOT a dirty hippie -- false advertising!


What IS a Glitter Lime anyway? Being the super sleuth that I am I had to find out. They are, in fact, glittery limes that you wear as jewelry. They have pins, necklaces, bracelets, and belts. I'm not sure about this fruity business...they don't look that cool to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Glitter Limes guy looks like someone whose booth I'd visit at a craft fair and accidentally make eye contact and say something like, "Oh, wow, those are neat..." and before I know it he'd be talking to me for half an hour about his lime preservation processes...