Thursday, July 2, 2009

F as in Fat

Us Mainers are fatter than we were last year.
A new national study says both Maine adults and kids are fatter than they were in last year’s study. The Trust for America’s Health says the state has the 35th highest rate of adult obesity, and ranks 39th for ten to seventeen year olds. - MPBN
The good news? We're not the fattest state in the nation! Woo hoo! After being named the oldest and whitest I was worried....no triple crown for us!

What are the fattest states? Let me tell you!

West Virginia: Adult = 31.1% Kids = 35.5%
Alabama: Adult = 31.2% Kids = 36.1%
Mississippi (the FATEST): Adults = 32.5% Kids = 44.4%

FORTY-FOUR PERCENT?! I just had to write that out to believe it. I mean, I know it's hot out down there in the south but GOOD LORD take a walk at least!


The skinniest people live in Colorado (outdoors lovers and skiers) and Massachusetts (anorexic college kids) live.

To check out the whole F as in Fat 2009 report click here.

1 comment:

Kristina P. said...

It's a good thing I don't live there! I think I might skew the results!