Sunday, July 5, 2009

What Mimi Saw: Transformers 2

I kinda liked the first Transformers movie. I did not like the second one. Mainly because the story line was so not there. I do like watching the Transformers transform -- because I know how hard it is to make that happen during post-production. But that was about all I liked. And the queer romantic banter of "you say I love you first.." "no you...you're the guy..." "no you, cause girls get scared when guys say it..." was so dumb and out of place that I threw up a little in my mouth when I heard it.

I did notice some product placement -- mainly the Chevy and GMC logos on the Transformers. How much money did that "sponsorship" take anyway? I can only imagine! Did it make me want to go out and buy a Chevy or a GMC? Not in the least. Actually, the two little Chevy "twin" Transformers were so ridiculous and annoying that, in my mind at least, it did more harm than good to Chevy. The "twins" were ebonics sputtering would-be-ghetto black guys that just looked completely dumb in car form. One of them even had a gold tooth! Gimme a break.

Two thumbs down!

No comments: