Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Crown Jewels

Get this:
Miss Maine's crown turns up missing
September 29, 2009 17:43 EDT

PORTLAND, Maine (AP) -- The woman crowned Miss Maine in June is missing a key piece of her wardrobe.

Susie Stauble of Gray is without a crown after someone stole it from her car last week.

Stauble tells WGME-TV that she kept the crown in a special brown box in the back seat of her car. Last week, she discovered it was missing as she was preparing for a speaking engagement.

Stauble says replacing the crown would be expensive, so she hopes it's returned to her before January when she will represent Maine in the Miss America Pageant. -- WGME-TV, http://www.wgme.com
Good God Miss Maine! You're keeping your jewels in "a special brown box" (cardboard) in the back seat of your car!?! Is that any way to treat your royal adornments? At least you could have kept them in the trunk...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL - I don't even leave my iPod in my car...in Bangor!

j said...

ugh. i can't even feel bad for her... this is just too dumb.

Samantha Warren Weddings said...

My thoughts exactly, and I'll let my editorial beyond that go without saying. Hilarious!

I say buy a bedazzler and a UMaine visor and make your own!