Friday, September 25, 2009

Love on the Set

I really enjoyed reading this article by Aron Gaudet, director and editor of the documentary film "The Way We Get By" about the Maine Troop Greeters.

It takes a special couple to be able to live together, sleep together, and work together. I'm not sure I could do it but these two have been doing it for about 5 years now with no end in sight -- they get married in October.
It was January of 2004 when I first met Gita Pullapilly. My friend and Gita’s co-worker, Dan Ferrigan, had brought us together because he thought we might share a similar dislike for our jobs in television news and a similar interest in documentaries. The first thing I said to Gita was, “I know you don’t want to work in television, so what do you want to do with your life?”— She would later tell me she was put off by my forwardness, but it made her think about her future. -- Aron Gaudet
Thankfully Gita gave Aron another chance...how many times have we written someone off because of a bad first impression?

In any case, falling in love on the job has it's pros and cons. Luckily these two have been successful.

No comments: