Monday, January 5, 2009

Use your friends!

The holidays are over and my bank account is feeling empty. Sigh. And I still need a watch even after asking Santa for one. (Actually, I got a watch for my birthday but the leather strap was too big so my mother re-gifted it to my sister for Christmas).

My friend Nicole is writing a five part series on her blog, Breaking Even, Inc., on how your friends can save you money.
I've decided to do a five part mini-series about how friends can help friends for free. On the surface, it's a common sense series of posts but a concept I think a lot of us need to be reminded of, especially single folks who have families far away like myself. My point: we need to rely on each other now more than ever!
My friend Annie and I are planning a fun clothing swap between local gals this spring. The concept? Bring a bunch of your gently worn clothes and shoes to Annie's house and swap them for other stuff. I already have a pile going of clothes that don't fit me anymore or that I'm just sick of looking at. Sure I could bring them to Goodwill but why not give my friends first dibs?

Check out Nicole's blog for some great ideas on personal finance.

No comments: