Monday, January 19, 2009

What Jenno Saw...

This post is written by my sister, Jenno. She had the fortunate (or unfortunate -- your call) opportunity to watch The Today Show this morning...

We were snowed in this morning so I had the chance to drink my coffee in front of The Today Show while my diligent husband plowed the driveway. I haven't seen The Today Show in quite a while, but my memory of it is of a fairly 'newsworthy' show with some fluffy 'feel good' pieces thrown in there... apparently my memory did not serve me today.

This morning Meredeth Vieira did a piece on Obama vs. 50cent: Who will be this generations icon? I was confused... was Obama a rapper and I'd been living under a rock? Was 50cent running for government and this was his 'coming out'? What was the point of this comparison? The more I listened the more I realized how ridiculous this piece was. We are comparing these two high powered men simply because they are both African American. Oh, and because 50cent is misunderstood- can't leave that point out. It lead me to wonder all sorts of things- How did the show decide on Mr. Cent? Does Obama know he's being compared to a gansta? Will these to unite to collaborate on 50's next album? Really the piece lead me to one solid conclusion... I'm not missing anything in the morning news.

No comments: