Saturday, November 29, 2008

More reasons to hate Wal-Mart

I'm sure you've all heard about this already but in case you haven't here's the link to the story of the trampled employee via the NY Daily News.

"He was bum-rushed by 200 people," said Wal-Mart worker Jimmy Overby, 43. "They took the doors off the hinges. He was trampled and killed in front of me. They took me down, too ... I didn't know if I was going to live through it. I literally had to fight people off my back," Overby said.
They took the doors off the hinges? This is Wal-Mart, people! As of 5:15 p.m. on Saturday, there were 793 comments on the story on the NYDN website. Here's one of them...
This is absolutely discusting. I live in White Plains, NY and there were people in tents since wednesday. How do you miss Thanksgiving for a SALE! Its sad how materialist these holdidays have become. My younger brother went shopping at the Walmart in White Plains and there was a line and they would only let a certain amount of people at a time and when a few left theyd let more in. & still people were fighting and beating eachother over stuff. I dont know im so discusted. What a recession this is people are killing eachother over ninetendo and ipods. What a shame!!!
People have a lot to say on the subject, from blaming Pres. Bush to blaming the African American race. A bit over the top I'd say. Mob mentality is an intersting thing and, unfortunately, can easily lead to terrible accidents. I can just hope that people learn from this incident and take the real meaning of the holiday spirit to heart.

No comments: