Thursday, November 13, 2008

What Mimi Heard

I plunked myself on the couch last night with my dog and a scarf I'm knitting and turned on the CMA Awards. Three hours and less than a dozen awards to give out leaves a lot of time for live performances, which I thought would be nice to listen to as I knit one perl one.

It wasn't nice. I don't know if it was due to nerves, altitude, humidity, faulty microphones or what but practically every single performer was off key. And sometimes badly off key.

I've been scanning blogs and articles this morning to see if anyone mentioned it and so far nothing. Really? Bloggers love to lambaste, right?

And while everyone is claiming how wonderful and grown up Miley Cyrus looked in her floor length gown, I was disgusted at how she seemed to be utterly embarrassed by her dad as he fumbled opening the envelope. Give me a break.

It was a great line up of performers but it left me wondering if I could make it as a singer in Nashville. It seems if I dress in skin tight leather with stiletto hooker boots it doesn't matter what my voice sounds like.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooo- can i be in your band? i play a mean set of spoons!
miley cyrus makes me sick... pretty dress or not. she should drop off the face of the earth.