Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Do people really fall for this stuff?

I just got an email from a Michelle Robert, the only child of a wealthy cocoa merchant and his darling wife in the Ivory Coast. Her father was poisoned to death due to the fact that he has over $7 million in U.S. currency and Michelle is looking for a "GOD fearing foreign partner" in the U.S. to help her get the money.
Please, I am now ready to do all these since my father my bread winner is no more. l am honourable seeking your assistance in the following ways.

(1) To serve as my guardian in your country while I will depend on your expert advise since l am only 22 years.
(2) To make arrangement for me to come over to your country in order to further my university education and to secure a residential permit for me in your country.

Moreover, l am willing to offer you 15% of the total sum as compensation for your assistance in the transfer of this fund to your country. Furthermore, you can indicate your option towards assisting me as l believed that this project would be concluded within seven days you signify interest to assist me by standing by me as my foreign trustee / guardian.
Hoping to hear from you soon. May God bless you as you as you extend your helping hand to an orphan.
I used to get these emails all the time when I worked for Inc.com. This is the first I have gotten at my work email address in Maine.

I feel like old people and Christians are going to fall for this sort of crap. I hate junk mail...

No comments: