Thursday, April 16, 2009

Why Facebook is good

Social networking has put me in touch with all sorts of people I wouldn't have found otherwise. It has made planning my 13th high school reunion this summer a snap. I can stalk my friends and my crushes all day without them knowing. Heck, I even got an interview with Mr. American Pie himself -- Don McLean -- through friending him on MySpace! Amazing!

But this story might top them all. According to this post in Jezebel, a lost cat was returned to his owner TWO YEARS after meandering away.
Shane and Nicole Meide's cat, Bob, ran away from their home two years ago. They had given up hope of ever seeing him again when they got a Facebook message saying, "We found your cat." - from Jezebel.com
How awesome! Hooray for big fat cats and Facebook!

No comments: