Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What Mimi Saw: Commercials!

I love March Madness. What I didn't love was the lame game last night. I hate when a team is blown away by the other one. So boring!

But as I have been watching March Madness this month I've been noticing a shift in car commercials. Saturn and Toyota both are advertising deals in which if you lose your job they will help you with the car payments. Interesting notion don't you think?

How badly would it suck if you bought a new Toyota Camry only to be laid off the next day? Granted, if you know your job is on the line I wouldn't suggest running out and buying a new car -- but some people are blindsided.

This deal is one way to assure consumers that all is not lost if they buy a new car. I haven't looked into the nitty gritty of the promotion, but the fact that they have such a promotion is newsworthy to me. Times are a'changin' -- business as usual clearly isn't working.

No comments: