Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Water vs. Electronics

I don't understand all the waterproof electronics out there....especially this one: The worlds first solar powered waterproof phone.

I have never in my 10 years of cell phone ownership gotten my phone soaking wet. I have never dropped it in a toilet, or a pool, or been pushed into a toilet or pool while my phone was in my pocket. WHY does a cellphone need to be waterproof? WHY can't people just take care of their things?

What's next? Sunglasses with tiny windshield wipers?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welll... I've sold a lot of the Verizon Wireless GzOne Boulders, which are waterproof... and people have said they use them to take pictures underwater, amaze their friends by throwing it in a bucket of water... but it's original intention was to be made for people who work in jobs outdoors that might HAVE to expose their phones to the elements (like rain, snow, dust, etc)... and to prevent them from needing new equipment every month. Not really made for morons who just are incapable of taking care of something they spend a few hundred dollars on.