Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Junk Mail Stinks

I hate junk mail. When it shows up in my mailbox it goes right into my recycling. What a waste! I read something on MaineBusiness.com, however, that lightened my spirits.

There is a company out there called Tonic Mailstopper that, for $20 a year, will virtually rid your mailbox of unwanted junkmail. When you sign up, Mailstopper will automatically take your name off of 5 of the biggest mailing companies. You can also select from a list of mailers and catalogs that you get that you wish you didn't and poof -- gone from your life like a plate of mashed potatoes and ham glaze placed in front of my face.
Within 90 days, you'll have a cleaner mailbox, be safer from identity theft, and we'll even plant 5 trees on your behalf. Hey, combined with all the paper you save, it's like growing your own tiny forest. - from their website
AND you can even give it as a gift to your tree-hugging friends. Hows that for a "green gift"?!

But WHY isn't it FREE!?! It should be. Junk mail should be against the law.

No comments: