Monday, June 8, 2009

The Topless Coffee Shop That Won't Die

The story of the Vassalboro topless coffee shop is still going. And going. Recently someone set the business on fire and burned it down after owner Donald Crabtree was talking about turning it into a strip club. The poor guys home was even totaled in the fire. He's planning on having clothed waitresses work in a tent in the parking lot collect donations to rebuild.

Damn hick Mainers! If they don't like what you're doing at work they burn it down...and your house for good measure. This business made money. It employed people. It was a service. If you don't like it don't go there.

I hope they find the person/people who decided it was better to burn down someone's legit business and house rather than avoid it. This story makes me sad. I never really wanted to go to the topless coffee shop but I figured it would be someplace for me to go when my journalism career ended.

Read earlier posts here and here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

stick to a writing career!