Monday, June 15, 2009

What Mimi Saw: Rachel Getting Married

I love RedBox -- those red movie rental units in the grocery store. I had been wanting to see Rachel Getting Married for some time now, and I was delighted to see it in the RedBox!

This movie stars Anne Hathaway. I know, I know....the chick from Disney's Princess Diaries...but don't turn up your nose. She was actually quite good as the black sheep sister who is a recovering drug addict. Hathaway really shows her acting chops in this role so cut her some slack.

The movie depicting a disfunctional family getting ready for daughter Rachel's wedding made me so glad to be a part of a functioning family. Nothing like a dark, depressing movie to make you thankful for what you've got.

MB and I did think, however, that the movie focused so much on the conflict that the character development was a bit lacking. Oh and if you like previews the ones on this DVD look really good!

Anyway...check it out for yourself. If anything it'll make every other wedding you ever go to a sheer delight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw this one months ago and the jury's still out. It definitely held my interest, but my dislike mostly had to do with just not liking Anne Hathaway, and also thinking the wedding itself was so over-the-top and contrived.

Mimi said...

Yeah -- i didn't get the whole Indian theme of the wedding. The bride was from Conn. and the groom from Jamaica or something....
I liked Anne Hathaway!