Thursday, February 12, 2009

Bacon + Chocolate = All Wrong

No. No no no no no no no no.

I found this totally unnatural and completely all wrong thing on The Impulsive Buy. And while this blog cracks me up, the thought of bacon and chocolate together makes me wan to throw up.

From the manufacturer:
Breathe…engage your five senses, close your eyes and inhale deeply. Be in the present moment, notice the color of the chocolate, the glossy shine. Rub your thumb over the chocolate bar to release the aromas of smoked applewood bacon flirting with deep milk chocolate. Snap off just a tiny piece and place it in your mouth, let the lust of salt and sweet coat your tongue.
(Please don't tell me that I have to molest my food in order to taste it correctly.)

From The Impulsive Buy:
The taste of Mo’s Bacon Bar on my tongue teetered on the borderline of interesting and slightly disgusting.
This is one of those things I would buy my brother-in-law as a gag gift for Christmas. I remember I got him buffalo jerky one year and he actually liked it. Last year I got him a bottle opener that was actually the lower leg and hoof of some sort of goat. Next year...I think it's going to be the Bacon Bar.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I agree that personally it doesn't sound good, but it is all the rage in the fancy restaurants, pairing bacon with dessert. I've been reading about it in the foodie blogs!

Anonymous said...

ew. take if from your sister... he'll probably eat it. and i don't just mean taste it... i mean EAT it- as in the whole thing. gag.