Friday, February 6, 2009

Sex and the City: Part Deux

Ug. You've got to be kidding me. Gawker notes that "Even More Depressing 'Sex and the City' Sequel Coming." Say it ain't so!
This is good news for Sarah Jessica Parker and her Sex cohorts Kim Cattrall, Cynthia Nixon, and Kristin Davis. The first SATC movie took forever to make, because the ego-besotted foursome imagined the HBO series would give them all big movie careers. When those Hollywood dreams fizzled, they crawled back to Sex work.
I did not go see the SATC movie in the theater because I just didn't care. My friend Shannon and I did rent the movie one night thinking it would be a good chick flick. It wasn't. It was actually really really bad.

According to the BBC, the sequel is set to be released in the summer of 2010. I think I'll avoid the sequel at all costs. Sitting through one ridiculous SATC movie is enough for me forever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh I love SATC! Is it sad that I'm excited about a sequel?

Anonymous said...

I too love SATC, but I agree with you that the movie wasn't all that great. I'm so curious how old they'll all be in the next movie...and how many more deep thoughts can really come out of four women shopping and drinking.