Thursday, February 26, 2009

The NeverEnding Story really is Never Ending!

Oh children of the '80s unite! The toys of our generation are being reproduced: Cabbage Patch Dolls, My Little Pony, Care Bears, and Strawberry Shortcake to name a few. It's a good marketing ploy if you think about it -- we buy our kids the fun stuff we used to play with when we were younger. Nostalgia much?


Ok people -- go ahead and remake the toys of our youth -- but hands off our movies! You saw what they did with Star Wars did you not?

The rumor on Gawker.com
is that The NeverEnding Story is going to be getting a re-make. Which means it's going to have new CGI effects and none of the charm of the original. Isn't that always the case?

What's next? Shia Labeouf playing Jen from The Dark Crystal? The Last Unicorn with Pixar animation? Labyrinth without creeped out David Bowie? FOR SHAME! I want hollywood to stop updating my childhood. It's making me feel old.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED the NeverEnding Story!

Anonymous said...

i never really got into NES... but this post made me want to go to my Netflix and put on Dark Crystal :)

Mimi said...

Don't be disappointed if The Dark Crystal isn't as magical as you remember it as a child....growing up stinks when it comes to nostalgic movies of the 1980s.