Monday, February 9, 2009

Weirdest Jobs

I found this post on Budgets are Sexy about the weirdest jobs ever. It's quite a compilation. From Tongue Boy, who earned $0.50 per tongue he cut out of codfish to Watermelon Thrower, who got paid $10 and hour to pick and chuck watermelons to a "catcher" who loaded them onto a truck, the list is interesting to say the least.

My worst job was working at a cafeteria at the University of Maine. I was a senior in high school and I had to wear a paper hat in the shape of a boat. It was humiliating. Mortifying even -- especially when UMaine students that I knew from high school came through the line. I'd have to serve them peas or squash and I wanted to shrink into my boat-hat and die. The only good thing about that job was that I saved some money for my Spanish class trip to Spain. I have yet to work a worse job than that.

What are some of your worst and weirdest jobs? I'm dying to know....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Once I had temp job where I had to remove staples from documents. It was pretty painful, and the worse staples are German staples. That job made me not want to ever move to Germany and deal with their crazy looking staples.