Monday, February 2, 2009

Things that should not fall from the sky...


I could have saved this story for my Weird News Wednesday but I just couldn't wait. Talk about random...
Picture it: Friday morning, 9 am on a clear January day in coastal Maine. An eel falls from the sky onto a parking lot. An eagle had fished it out of the nearby river and probably dropped it when it realized the disgustingness of its catch. While the eel looks a little beat up from its ginormous fall, it is quite miraculously still alive.
Seriously? This is one of my greatest fears. Eels falling from the sky. I have always been strangely terrified of eels and had this happened to me I probably would have passed out.

Read the rest of the story here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD I share this fear with you! If an Eel would have fallen out of the sky and (shiver) hit me or landed anywhere near me (shiver again in repulsion), I wouldn't have passed out, I would have started screaming, no, shrieking, in so much terror and anxiety that I would have literally had a heart attack. But hey, if you are following the news in Oakland, CA, things aren't much better. If you looked up in the sky to the east of my work last night at 5 PM, you would have seen 4 helicoptors (2 news-based and 2 police-based) who were tracking the local rioters... I guess it's all based on where you live! :)